If you have ever been a bridesmaid or a bride, you are most likely already familiar with the day of wedding survival kit. No matter how organized you are there are bound to be mishaps and hiccups along the way. Hello red lipstick on your white dress! It happens, but by packing a kit full of essentials to combat these mishaps, your big day will run smoothly.
These “just in case” items will save the day if disaster strikes on your wedding day. Sometimes your wedding planner will have a survival kit handy. I’m sure we are all familiar with Jennifer Lopez in the Wedding Planner, and how she whips out her magical kit to save the day on more than one occasion. Having these essential items is a must, for even the most organized Bride.
Pack your kit a least a week prior to your wedding day in a clear box or tote bag. Keep it easily accessible during your rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and your entire wedding day. If you are feeling overwhelmed with your pre-wedding to do list, this is an easy task to delegate to your maid of honor, mother of the bride or any of your bridesmaids. This kit will benefit them as well!
Here is a great list to get you started planning for the worst-case scenarios. If you never need to use it, great! But if you do, you will be glad you had these items:
1. Super glue: Great for fixing pretty much anything! Shoes, nails, headpieces, centerpieces, etc.
2. Sunscreen: Especially if your wedding is outside or you are taking photographs outdoors. No one wants to look sun burnt on their wedding day.
3. Mini Sewing kit: Make sure it includes scissors, needles, tread, buttons and safety pins.
5. Extra undergarments
6. Make up remover, cotton balls, Q-tips and moist towelettes
8. Deodorant: Someone always forgets theirs!
9. Tampons/panty liners: If you don’t need it, someone else might.
10. Nail polish: Clear coat for stocking runs and the color you are wearing just in case you chip a nail.
11. Mini first aid kit: Include Band-Aids and antiseptic cream.
12. Bug spray (unscented): If your area and climate warrants it.
13. Breath mints: Make sure your maid-of-honor hands you one right before you walk down the aisle.
14. Toothbrush, toothpaste and floss
15. Stain remover pen
16. Lint Roller: Especially helpful for the groom and groomsmen’s suits!
17. Eye drops: Also, if the bride wears contacts make sure to bring contact solution.
18. Phone chargers
19. Earring backs
20. Hair elastics, bobby pins, hairspray and a comb
21. Straws: So you can enjoy your drink without smudging your lipstick.
22. Mascara: Waterproof of course!
23. Advil or pain reliever of choice
24. Nail clippers and emery board
25. Mirror: For last minute touch ups before walking down the aisle.
26. Lighter: For ribbon ends that start to fray and for candles that need to be lit.
27. Water: It’s important to stay hydrated all day!
28. Fabric tape: For quick adjustments on hemlines
29. Granola bars or trail mix: It will be a great source of energy for a tired and stressed bride.
30. Lip balm: For perfectly kissable lips and let’s be honest we all lick our lips when we are stressed and need lip balm!
After you have included these items, remember to smile and have fun! Your wedding day will fly by so stop for a few minutes and take everything in with your groom. Happy wedding day planning!
-Photo courtesy of BrideBox